12.29.2005

My top uh... 11 albums in 2k5. ( Part 4 )

Drumroll, please.

The number one album for me in 2k5 was...

  • 01. Elliott Smith - From a Basement on a Hill (2004)

    Ok, I won't lie. I had this pre-ordered in October of last year, so it really shouldn't be on this list. Still, there isn't any other album that I've listened to this year as often as I've listened to this. I've been an Elliott Smith fan since the mid-nineties when he released XO, and I love every single album he's ever done. His death in 2003 was the only time I've ever been genuinely affected by the death of another human being. This, his final posthumous release, is among his best albums and is certainly his most complex and his most direct, both lyrically and musically. Put simply, I love this album.

    Key Tracks: 'Pretty Ugly Before', 'King's Crossing' and 'A Distorted Reality is now a Necessity to be Free'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home