12.25.2005

My top uh... 11 albums in 2k5. ( Part 1 )

So much great music has passed my way this year. In fact, this has been one of the better years in recent memory for music. It may have been kind of hard to find, but still, I've managed to discover a lot of great stuff this year. Here's a list of the top eleven CD's that affected me:

  • 11. Spoon - Kill the Moonlight (2002)

    These guys could have just cashed in on the brief retro-dance rock movement ushered in by Franz Ferdinand, but instead they're actually evolving, which is refreshing to see in a pop rock band. Their most recent release, 'Gimme Fiction', is a huge departure from their earlier stuff, and it's really very good... But this is the album I couldn't get out of my brain for six months.

    Key Track: 'The Way We Get By'.
    Good Tracks: 85%.

  • 10. David Bowie - Buddha of Suburbia (1993)

    A British import TV soundtrack from 93', just before Bowie became a demented electronic high-priest with 'Outside' ( still my very favorite Bowie album ), this album shows Bowie at the top of his form: Political, sexual, mysterious and catchy.

    Key Track: 'Sex and the Church'.
    Good Tracks: 80%.

  • 09. King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King (1969)

    These were the guys who created the shape of Prog rock for the next thirty plus years. It's too bad I didn't discover this album until this year.

    Key Track: 'The Court of the Crimson King'. ( duh )
    Good Tracks: 60%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home