3.09.2006

Five CDs.

In order to make my trip to Portland as simple as possible, I hit upon the idea of selecting a desert island few CDs to bring with me. The idea was, don't listen to the iPod, just the five CDs. Allow them to set the tone for the early portion of my trip. Sadly, I made the mistake of packing all of my CDs with the exception of the disc which was already in my portable player.

The CD in question? The Ramones first self-titled album. So, I've been listening to a lot of 'Judy is a Punk' lately. In any case, here is the speculative list which I eventually developed: My Desert Island Five Seven CDs. Everything here is from the 90s except for the Sex Pistols. Does that mean I'm getting old?

  1. Roman Candle - Elliott Smith
  2. Never Mind the Bollocks - Sex Pistols
  3. To Bring You My Love - PJ Harvey
  4. In Utero - Nirvana
  5. Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins
  6. Portishead - Portishead
  7. Boys for Pele - Tori Amos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home